Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hurricanes

Wow.  I actually feel a little let down...a little abandoned.  Sorry I couldn't deliver the awesome power I had hoped to show off.  I guess somebody decided that one crazy hormonal whirlwind named Laura was enough for the country.  That, or maybe the hurricane is also feeling the fatigue of the third trimester set in.  Truthfully, I didn't know if I'd have the energy to be a good storm. 

Laura weakens in Atlantic, Marie forms in Pacific
4 hours ago

MIAMI (AP) — The National Hurricane Center says Laura has weakened over the cold waters of the north Atlantic and is no longer a tropical storm.

Meanwhile, Tropical Storm Marie formed in the Pacific about 575 miles southwest of the southern tip of Mexico's Baja California peninsula.

Laura's maximum sustained winds dropped to near 45 mph early Wednesday and the storm lost its tropical characteristics. It was centered about 505 miles east of Cape Race, Newfoundland, at 11 a.m. EDT and moving north-northeast near 18 mph.

The center says it will stop issuing advisories on Laura.

1 comment:

jennybee said...

lol, I'll see if I can give it a better go. : )

background

counter