Tuesday, October 7, 2008

weekend guests

Sorry for the delay in blogage...its been a busy weekend!

Let's see.  On Friday, I spent all day in a professional development seminar.  It was about bilingual assessments and the complications that come with assessing bilingual students.  I thought it was actually a pretty good seminar - learned stuff.  After that meeting was over, I headed home and Kyle and went downtown to pick up Shelby!  She was up here doing some inventories in New York, and since we're just a hop, skip, and 4 hour train ride away - she decided to stop in and visit.  Much to my happiness.  

Shelby Kyle and I went out to dinner at the Publick House, then went out for ice cream (I had a cone that had marshmallow cream and cocoa krispies dipped around the whole upper edge. amazing)  We headed home after that and crashed.

On Saturday morning, we got up bright and early and drove up to Chelmsford for a taekwondo tournament.  Kyle competed and took 3rd in forms (after winning a tie breaker) and 1st in weapons.  He's beginning to build a reputation up here for being the weapons guy to beat.  As always, I was super proud of him and we enjoyed making an appearance at the tournament even though we had to leave pretty early (for the first time that I can remember).

So, after that, we all went downtown.  We took Shelby to the apple store (of course) and then Kyle left to pick up our friend Kaylee at the airport.  While he did that, Shelby and I did part of the freedom trail and waltzed around the city for a while.
 

  We met up with Kyle and Kaylee that evening and we all walked over to the North End for dinner.  Of course, it was Saturday night and we had no reservations, so we ended up waiting in line for 2 hours.  The food was yummy and the company was great, but we were all pretty tired at the end of the day.  We got home a little after midnight and it didn't take long for us to crash.

Sunday.  Shelby and I got up and walked down to this place for breakfast.  But, their cashier guy was late to work, and we couldn't wait, so we ended up at dunkies....which was fine.  Then she had to skedattle out to the airport to catch her flight.  

When the rest of us were eventually up, we went downtown and took Kaylee to her first Cheesecake Factory.  Kyle's food was really late and messed up - but other than that, it was good.  We think maybe they put something in our dessert though, cause after lunch we were all exhausted again.  We decided to put walking the freedom trail on hold and help Kaylee find and check into her hotel.  So, we did, and the rest of my Sunday was basically spent resting.  

 

So, it was super fun to have Shelby and Kaylee around for a while.  It's always nice to have people from back home up to visit. :-)  



PS: I was super excited that I was still able to wear my hoodie.  I heart hoodies. 

2 comments:

Ben and Bethany said...

marshmallow cream and cocoa krispies? really? sugar overload! Bet it was yum-o.

Anonymous said...

I had a great time guys! Thank you for your hospitality! -Kaylee

background

counter