Tuesday, October 14, 2008

green lions

They say that pregnancy makes you dream crazy dreams.  Well, I've always had pretty vivid dreams...so that's not new.  Last nights dream made me laugh, so I'm sharing it with you.  

Kyle and I were lions.  He was a big strong Mufasa-type lion, and I was the pretty Nala type.  I'm not sure where we were - but it had that kind of end-of-the-world feel.  There were no humans anywhere, and everything was mostly desert.  There were a bunch of other lions too - but they weren't important.  Because of the desolation around, all the lions were traveling together in a big herd looking for food.  

We knew where food was.  There was a spot where a train had wrecked.  Lots of food had spilled all over the place, and the lions went and picked their meals from it.  Most everything was meat.  Whole turkeys, sausages, chickens, ribs...Everything was raw, but fresh (I don't know how the meat was still good, since the train wreckage was old...but y'know how dreams are)

So, Kyle (the lion) had never been to this place before, so we were walking around and I was showing him what food was what and trying to help him decide what to eat (because even as a lion, Kyle couldn't see 100%)  I settled for some sausage links and asked Kyle if he would like a turkey...

Kyle (the lion) was looking kinda sheepish and said that he didn't think he could eat any of the meat.  "Why?" I asked.  "Because it's all imported from different countries, and I'd really rather only eat fair trade and environmentally friendly transported food"  

So, after giving him my best confused-lioness look I could give, I start looking around for something "local"  I find a whole toppled train car full of veggies. "From Arkansas" was painted on the side of the car. I told Kyle that all of the bell peppers, apples, and tomatoes he could eat were locally grown.  I then tried to explain to him that lions don't eat bell peppers.  

He didn't care.  Kyle, the environmentally friendly lion, gingerly pawed some bell peppers and apples together and ate them while I kept watch - so that the other meat eating lions wouldn't notice us.  

The rest of the dream then morphs into some crazy taekwondo ceremony (we weren't lions anymore...) but I'll spare you. 

---------------
So, folks, what does it mean?  Am I missing the wholesome substance that is "back home"?  Do I think that Kyle is a big stubborn cat?  Did I just have too much milk before bed?  Interpretations are welcome.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud that you changed your "about me" from "enjoying my first year of marriage with my husband..." :) I've been meaning to tell you for a while that you're on year 2! Sorry to disappoint if you wanted dream interpretations...

jennybee said...

I'll try to give interpreting that a stab once I stop laughing...

Anonymous said...

I think it means Obama will win.

Kelly Dement said...

i have tons of weird dreams. this is the site i use.
http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dream

background

counter