Friday, March 25, 2011

awww, shucks.

I'm at work.  I got here at 5:57am in order to work on some things before the day officially started and I've been super productive (yay me!).  But, I also have a ton left to do (boohiss).  But, I need a quick mental break before delving into writing another report, scoring more protocols, or thinking about anything regarding executive function or anxiety disorders for a few moments.

So.  The last post I wrote?  About Kyle?  I liked writing it and I meant what I said and I was happy with it. But I was totally surprised by how many of you folks liked it too.  I want to say thank you for all the sweet comments and emails, texts and even phone calls about it.  I certainly did NOT expect that, but it was a constant stream of warm fuzzies for me all day yesterday.  I'm thankful for all of you.  Truly.

Kyle says he thought about commenting how he was just afraid I'd beat him up if he ever broke up with me.  ;)  Whatever works, right?  Silly boy.

Anyway, I just wanted to give a nod to all the kind words - I'm spoiled by all of you to a ridiculous degree.

What else?

It's Friday.  That's good.  Kyle's leaving this weekend for a conference, so I've planned some girl time with a friend and Abs.  Grits and shopping are on the agenda, among other things...looking forward to that.  I'm also hoping to make some more headway on baby preparation.  We're like 76% ready. I've got my "honey-do" (baby-due?) list all typed out and I think we can get those things done over the next few weeks.

mental note: I need to write about baby.  I compose letters and posts in my head to this sweet little thing all the time, I need to get one record.

I stopped for coffee this morning (yes, that means I stopped AND still made it to work before 6am - impressive for me.)  I ordered my usual and the lady looks at me, looks at my belly, and says "you want decaf, right?"

Um.  wrong.  Who wants decaf at 5:45 in the morning?  Seriously.  She was probably judging me as being an irresponsible pregnant lady - subjecting this poor baby to all that caffeine.  But, that's fine. Coffee is fine.  And I don't think the baby minds the caffeine any more than it minds all the sugar in that donut I ordered to go with it.  ;)

Anyway.

The other night we got to meet up with our friend Karen who was visiting town.  We hadn't seen her in a few months, and Abby was so excited.  It was great to have dinner together and chat and a lot of fun for me to watch Abby play and be generally excited about our trip out into the city.  I'm not entirely sure which she was more excited about - seeing Karen or riding a train.  :)  Regardless, it was a nice time.  I'll leave you with a pic of the two of them as I (SIGH) try to get back to being productive here at work.

Happy Fridays everyone.  Y'all rock.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see happy pictures of Karen and Abby. I appreciate Karen.

Granny

background

counter