Sunday, March 20, 2011

green balloon

Last month, I blogged about a balloon I'd gotten for Abby.  I accidently lost the balloon and was kinda sad about it - feeling like I'd let Abby down.  Abby, on the other hand, took it like a champ and that was that.

Then, this morning, as we're walking into church - Abs looks up at the sky and, out of nowhere, says "Abby's balloon went way up in sky.  I no have it anymore.  I can't weach it.  It's weally weally far away"  Sigh.  Straight to the heart, right?  Of course she remembered it.  Kyle was sweet - he told her the balloon had gone to go play with the moon and stars, and Abby was all "yeah, play with the moon"

We had a nice easy afternoon, then I decided we needed to get outside.  Kyle went running and I drove Abs to the reservoir where Kyle met us.  But, on the way, I decided I needed to redeem myself.  We stopped by our local grocery store and Abs got a brand new pretty green star balloon.

And boy was she excited about it.  :)  

We continued on to the reservoir, and Abby clutched her balloon the entire time.  She had so much fun with it and it just filled me with so much happiness to watch her be so pleased with something so so simple.  I mean, that's what childhood is all about, right?  Simple joy.

and speaking of simple joy, I taught Abby how to "make music" by running a stick along the fence.  She was impressed with that and we spent a lot of time testing out different sized sticks to see what sounds they all made. :)

a girl and her balloon.

when she wasn't running, she was jumping.

"C'mon mama! Let's go!"

:)

we found Kyle (or, rather, he found us) and we all headed back home for the evening

It was a very nice way to spend some time this afternoon.  Best $1.99 I spent all week.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

So cute!

And I love how easy they are to amuse at this age. There's no way anything costing $1.99 is going to amuse a 15 year old.

Colleen said...

awww... so sweet! Her commentary on the missing balloon is so cute. And so sad too. :( I love what your husband said to explain it. Very poetic.

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful you bloog and take pictires. Touching.

Granny

background

counter