Friday, March 18, 2011

Paddy pics

We had a fun St. Patrick's Day yesterday, and I hope everyone else did as well. :)  I think one reason I love this holiday is that it just lends itself SO easily to themed fun.  And I'm a sucker for themed fun.  Seriously. 

Kyle laughs at me, and jokingly makes fun of me (he says he's not making fun of me and that he just thinks that I'm being "cute"...but I know better)  I told him I refuse to feel guilty for making Abby's childhood Fun, lol.  When I pointed out that he put on a green shirt yesterday without any prompting from me, he said "Well, I was afraid I might be kicked out of the family if I didn't wear green" Anyway, point is - we had fun.  Kyle did too.  

This will be a picture heavy post.  Sorry.  I probably *only* took 200ish pictures yesterday.  Which, is actually saying a lot.  Unfortunately, I like way too many of them.  I've picked out a dozen or so to share here.

Our day started with breakfast.  Kyle made coffee, I made shamrock eggs. :)


These were SO easy and really yummy...and, even healthy!  You gotta try them: 

Shamrock Eggs
Eggs (I used 7)
Spinach (drained - however little or as much as you like.  You'll be able to taste it)
Parmesean (I used about 4-5 Tbs)
A little salt (optional)
food coloring (remember to use blue, not green)

Pour into muffin tins and make at 350 for 20ish mins or until eggs are done.  This made 8 big muffins for us.

After breakfast, we took Kyle to work and Abs and I came home to take pictures.  We had a fun time actually.  After picture taking, we just played.  We only had one tragedy when I dropped my camera. :(  Sadly, my autofocus has now stopped working on my favorite lens.  I can still take pictures, and the manual focus works fine.  I'm going to take it in to get it looked at today or tomorrow.  It would be great if they can fix it, but if not...I suppose it could be worse.  At least it's the lens that was hurt and not the camera itself.  And, as far as lenses go, it's a relatively cheap one (not that $125 is "Cheap")

Here are a few of my faves from our morning St. Patrick's Day shoot. :)

not getting her way.



my fave

This one makes me think "Benny & Joon"
'

asking for "ONE more cookie"


After pictures, we went to pick Kyle back up from work because he was kind enough to take off an accompany me (and Abs) to a few doc appointments.  Long story short: We waited for nearly 2 hours for our u/s appointment, and then had my regular OB appointment after that.  It was a looooong afternoon of waiting.  And poor Abby did fantastically well, but was so so so tired by the time we finally got home.

Baby looks good and everything is fine.  I start going in for weekly appointments now - crazy, no?

We went home, Abs and a quick snack and a good nap.  When she woke up, we had to take advantage of the warm afternoon.  It was in the high 50s and just great outside.  We went to BC and roamed around campus while we waited for Kyle to finish up work.

sunshine!


Abby REALLY wanted to play bubbles outside.  She'd been talking about it since she woke up from nap.  She was really excited when we finally sat down to play with some.  After a minute or two, she insisted on holding the bottle herself.  I took pictures.  Then - she dropped it and the entire bottle of bubbles spilled.  It was so classically sad.  She was devastated in the most innocent of ways.  I comforted her and told her it was ok and that we had more bubbles at home.  But she was just so upset.  She kept saying "Abby broke the bubbles.  I can't blow bubbles any more!"  I asked her if she wanted to keep the wand and she poutily said "No.  Bubbles broken.  Abby broke them" and went and threw the wand away in the trash.




Luckily, toddlers rebound easily and it didn't take long before she was playing again.  Here are a few more pics.


she wanted to climb the tree to "get the apples" and we had a fun time eating and throwing all the pretend apples she gathered from her perch there. :)




Finally, Kyle was done and my awesome dinner of corned beef and cabbage was just going to have to wait.  I was exhausted and time was short.  We went out for dinner and had a nice time.  By the time we got home and put Abs to bed, I was really worn out.  In fact, I started to post this last night, but fell asleep in my chair while the pictures were uploading.  Heh.

I'm out of time to write now - gotta run.  It was a really fun day for us...and judging by how late Abby slept in this morning - I'm thinking she had a great day too.

1 comment:

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

gorgeous pics-like ALWAYS!

(when Grace really wants a cookie, she whispers it to us. like she's trying to send us a subliminal message.)

background

counter