Monday, March 28, 2011

sleeping beauty

On Saturday night, I knew Abs didn't feel well.  I gave her some Tylenol and put her to bed.  I heard her wake up around 6:30 on Sunday morning, which is normal for her.  But, because I had stayed up late I actually fell back to sleep (very not normal for me).  I woke up an hour later and didn't hear Abs playing or reading.  

So, I got up to find this - Abs had fallen back asleep in her reading chair.


She got up easily enough, and ate a little breakfast.  We had a low key morning, but soon it was time for us to go pick up Kyle from his conference.  I had an errand I wanted to run on the way, so off we went.

Abs was very quiet the whole ride, and as I got off the interstate, I looked back to see that she had fallen asleep again.  Abs doesn't usually fall asleep in the car unless it's past her naptime already.  But, this was around 11am.


I sat in the parking lot with her for about 35 mins letting her rest.  She woke up on her own, so I decided to go ahead and run into the store and look for a few things.  As soon as I got down a few aisles, this is what happened: 

Now, had there been any doubts, they were washed away.  It was clear she wasn't feeling well.  She tried to wake up a few times and I spent about 5 minutes in an aisle wiping sad little tears off her face as she kind of whimpered and cried because she didn't feel well.  But, then something caught her eye and she was awake again and generally happy.  She saw a little journal that you can color the front of and, for whatever reason, had to have it.  It was a dollar, so I was ok with it.  We checked out and headed off to get Kyle.

We got Kyle and gave a few of his friends a ride home as well.   On the way we all stopped for lunch and Abs didn't eat too much.  Only some yogurt and my red onions from a salad.  Um, yum?

We got home and put her right to nap, even though it was already after 3.  Because I didn't want her to sleep straight till 7, I went up and woke her up a little before 5.  She was groggy, and I let her lay on me for a while downstairs while I watched the end of a basketball game.  When I got up, she just stayed on the couch and asked to be "tuck-tucked"

So, nap #5 of the day.


She didn't eat much for dinner, but she did eat and she drank milk and water.  We tried to give her a bath, but for the first time in the history of the world she acted like the water was boiling lava and was *freaking* out about it.  So, we let her off the hook and just got her ready for bed.  She didn't put up much fight.

I heard her wake up this morning around 5:45am.  I have a rule that if it's before 6am, she has to go back to bed.  I got up to go tell her to get back in bed - I expected to find her playing or reading like usual, but instead, I found her curled up in her reading chair like a little kitten, hugging her sippy of water - asleep.

I picked her up and put her back to bed.  I had to leave for work, but Kyle says she didn't get back up until he woke her up around 8:30 before he had to leave.  He told me that she kept trying to play, but just kept falling asleep and kept asking to lie down.  Poor thing.  The nanny let us know that after the tylenol kicked in, she seemed to perk up, was in good spirits, and was eating and drinking a little better.

The kid is just sick.  She'll be fine, and thank goodness for Tylenol.  But it's still just so sad to see her so lethargic.  :-/

On a funnier note - this is what I found in the shower yesterday morning.  Life is more fun with a toddler in the house...or at least showers are that much more festive.  :)

Hope everyone has a good Monday. Send Abs some strong and healthy immune system thoughts.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor, poor Abby!

On another note, we found her cell phone. Do you want it?

Granny

background

counter