Wednesday, March 16, 2011

first globe

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day - it is my favorite "little" holiday.  I mean, Christmas takes the cake, but St. Patrick's Day is so much fun.  Especially as a mom.  :)  

Well, I realized this afternoon that Abby and I needed something to wear tomorrow, so I headed out to our thrift store to look around.  I got some good finds for tomorrow, but I also found this awesome globe and had to get it.  I love it.  



I love it because it's old.  I mean, not too old (well, I don't actually know when it was made)  The boarders seem to be overall accurate and such.  I love that it's not made of plastic like most globes are now - the whole thing is tin.  It has a few dents in it even, but somehow that just adds to the character.  I love that the bottom plate has random country flags on it.  I love that it is so detailed and gives lots of information.  Maybe this is where I should admit that I was a little obsessed with maps and globes as a kid.  As was Kyle.  To this day - nobody in his family will play his beloved game "Geografacts" with him.  His geography knowledge is annoyingly sharp.  Me?  I just like maps.  


I love how it fits in with her play area


 She was saying "it's weally cold!"


We had a fun time this afternoon playing with the globe and talking about it.  I know she doesn't "get" it, but she can show me where Australia is if I ask her now.  "It's da pink one, mama!"

We spent some more time playing with her other toys too - and she humored me and modeled another thrift find today - a new Sox hat...St. Patrick's edition. ;)

my little sox fan

sweet girl

Just wanted to document our first globe and some fun pics.  I hope this is the first of many happy map experiences for her.  :)

No comments:

background

counter