Saturday, March 5, 2011

lazy day & new pics

As I slowly begin to learn what the various symbols and settings on this new camera mean - I've been having fun playing with it and figuring what I can out through trial and error.  There's a lot of error still. ;)  

Nevertheless, here's a quick rundown of our lazy Saturday and my first attempts at taking some new pics.  For the record, I'm not sure how the compression will affect the pics, but I didn't have to edit or doctor these pics at all, so that was cool.  It's like the camera just....works.  :)

Abs and I had a super lazy morning - cartoons, playing, reading, and just lounging around in our PJs.  We eventually went up and woke up Kyle who got in some good Abby playing time while this little mama took a nap.  I love naps.  I wake up around 6am if I don't set an alarm, and that's all well and good, but I really really love a good afternoon nap. 

my techy baby - browsing youtube for cartoons

closeup

I got up and we all ate lunch together.  Abby must be getting ready to shoot up a few inches or something.  She kinda grazed on food all day.  Before lunch, she had a bunch of raisins, some cereal, some apple I think.  I gave her a PB&J for lunch...which is noteworthy because she doesn't usually go for those.  Not only did she agree to have a PB&J, but she devoured it.  She asked for another one.  I thought about making her a 1/2 sandwich instead, but, I dunno, she just looked hungry.  Yep.  She ate the entire second sandwich too.

This is not headline news for most people, but eating 2 entire sandwiches is kinda a big deal for Abs.  So she didn't feel lonely, I made made I had 2 as well.  I mean, I really only had ONE, it's just that the baby wanted one too.
finishing up PB&J #2. 

After lunch was naptime for Abs and coupon clipping time for mom.  I went up to see if Abs was awake since it was getting later in the afternoon.  I was surprised to find her still passed out - so of course, I grabbed the camera. ;)  You just can't beat sleeping kiddos. 

zzzzzzzzz

a little closer.  


We got up and it was time for more playing.  Another tea party, to be exact.  I really love tea parties with Abby.  She's so funny.  She sets the table - always the same way - and she cooks the food, usually soup, and gives it to me.  But, it's always "too hot!" and I'm not allowed to eat it right away.  She has to take it and put it in the fridge and let it cool off.  THEN I can eat it.  

peeling a banana for daddy's plate.

tea party time


 Kyle decided he was going to go for a run.  We checked the temps and were surprised to see that it was in the high 40s outside.  We decided we would all go.  Well, Kyle ran and Abby and I took a walk - but it was nice to be outside.

The snow has really been melting lately - you can see sidewalk again!

We walked down to the train station for one of Abs' favorite past times - just watching the trains. 

we waited...

...and waited...

 then we saw one!

Actually, we saw several.  We headed home as it was starting to get dark, met Kyle on the way.  We all had dinner together, bathed the child, read stories, and put her to bed.

As an aside - she's been staying in her bed.  It's common for her to get out once - right when we leave the room, but she goes right back in and (knock on wood) has been staying put.  So, yay!

It was a good Saturday.  Lazy.  That's nice.  Now, the laundry is running, the dishes are done, and the brownies just came out of the oven.  So, time for me to go chill (some more)  ;)

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

I got to see your mother inlaw and father inlaw today. I bragged on you and said you seemed to be such a wonderful mother. I told her that there are some people in this world that are meant to be parents and you and Kyle fit into that category. :)

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoyed this blog and the pictures. Paradoxically you can often get more worthwhille stuff done when you are having a 'lazy' day.

Granny

background

counter